This year I’m not spending Mother’s day with my beloved Mom.
I’m flying straight to Mallorca for some exciting shooting days and my Mom is also traveling, spending a long weekend in Amsterdam. Even though my Mom and I cannot see each as much as I’d love to with me being away from home quite often, my mother is the most special person in the world to me. Cadenzza asked me weather I would like to surprise my mother with one of their beautiful pieces and I directly felt in love with that idea. I was already selecting flowers I would sent to my mother’s house and I was really sneaky, finding out which kind of jewelry is on top of my mother’s wishlist. While my favorite accessoires are rings (How cute is the heart shaped ring!?), my mother loves to wear some eye catching earrings. When I found a pair of marple ones, I knew it would be her favorite – We do have a similar taste and my mother loved steeling my accessoires when I was still living at their place.:) When starting a text about my Mom, I could write forever. Instead I’m going to share with you ten reasons why I love my Mom (see below). Dear Mom, I love you more than words can explain. <3
Dieses Jahr kann ich den Muttertag leider nicht mit meiner Mama verbringen. Während ich morgen früh für ein paar Shootings nach Mallorca düse, macht sich meine Mama ein schönes, wohlverdientes Wochenende in Amsterdam. Und obwohl ich nicht mehr viel in meiner Heimat Hamburg bin und meine Mama daher weniger sehen kann als ich gerne würde, ist meine Mama der wichtigste und besonderste Mensch für mich und ich bin unheimlich dankbar über unsere tolle Beziehung. Als Cadenzza mich gefragt hat, ob ich meine Mama zum Muttertag mit einem ganz besonderen Schmuckstück überraschen möchte, habe ich mich wahnsinnig über die Idee gefreut. Während ich besonders gerne Ringe trage (Wie süß ist der Ring in Herzform!?), trägt meine Mama am liebsten auffällige Ohrringe. Als ich die Ohrringe mit dem Anhänger in Marmoroptik gefunden habe, wusste ich direkt, dass es das perfekte Geschenk für meine Mama ist. Meine Mama und ich haben einen sehr ähnlichen Geschmack und als ich noch zu Hause gewohnt habe, hat meine Mama sich schon immer meine Accessoires gemopst. 😉 Wenn ich an meine Mama denke, dann könnte ich den längsten Text der Welt schreiben… Damit es nicht ausartet teile ich heute 10 Dinge, für die ich besonders dankbar bin. Liebste Mama, ich habe dich unbeschreiblich doll lieb. <3
10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY MOM
1. My Mom has one day off every week (it truly has some advantages to be a teacher ;)). Every time I’m in Hamburg during this day, my mother visits me. She helps me to organize myself which sometimes is the hardest part with traveling so much and we take the rest of the day talking to each other and in the evening we go for a nice dinner – These days are truly like energy boosters.
2. Sure, my mother is an adult, but she still has this lively spirit of a child. When my Mom is happy, she gets super excited. She can spend a whole day working in her garden, looking happy as a kid.
3. My teachers used asked me, whether my mother would push us a lot since my sisters and I were always super ambitious. In fact, it was always our choice. My Mom taught us to work hard for ourselves (!), she wouldn’t be strict or reward us for our grades. She toght me to believe in me and
4. My big sister is also a teacher and my little sister will become a doctor. When I was still working as a strategy consultant, but dreaming to really give blogging a try, she was the first one to encourage me to give it a try and to live my dreams…
5. My Mom really takes care of her money. She was raised to be economized and has always sticked to that. She has never bought herself an expensive bag or designer shoes. She taught me to really value things and she can make a H&M shirt looks like a billion dollar look. My mother has a very good personal style and I love how she mixes new pieces with old pieces she had never thrown away.
6. My parents have some routines which make them super happy. One of them is meeting at the sofa at 8.15 in the evening to watch something nice on tv. On weekends they will also share a nice bottle of wine – And they celebrate their evenings together so much. When being at home, I love to be part of this routine.
7. My mother’s Mom died way too young. When I was a child, my mother woke up early almost everyday to make my favorite warm chocolate pudding for me – It was something her mother made for her and she loved to do the same for me. <3
8. My Mom always trusts me and my sisters. After high school I travelled around the world and she never called me, being afraid of anything. Even when I was on Hawaii, planning the craziest wild camping trip – she told me to listen to my feelings.
9. My mother and I share our love for chocolate. We always had some chocolate after lunch. When I was stressed before exams, she went to a supermarket and got some nougat chocolates – I sometimes needed 250grams a day, when I was really stressed out. 😉
10. My mother had her very own way of doing things. At one point in her life she stopped driving car and ever since she always used her bike. She has the best legs in the family and considering how often she rides her bike I can totally see why. 😉
Thank you Mom for everything, you rock my world. <3
RINGS: Cadenzza (here, here)
EARRINGS: Cadenzza (here)
BLOUSE: H&M (here or here)
501 JEANS: Levi’s (here)
DIONYSUS BAG: Gucci (here)
HEELS: Paula Cademartori (here)
WATCH: Larsson & Jennings (here)
LIPS: MAC Velvet Teddy (here)
*In cooperation with Cadenzza <3